This citation is to be presented annually, when there is a deserving recipient, to a member of the Indianapolis Section of the American Society for Quality who is completing a term as a committee chairman and who has: displayed outstanding initiative and ability as chairman, has been faithful in the discharge of the duties of the chairmanship, and has actively participated in the functions of the Indianapolis Section during the year.
This award is awarded only upon approval of the Executive Committee of the Indianapolis Section and presented at the awards meeting.
This award is in the form of a printed citation, the design of which has been approved by the Executive Committee.
This award is in honor of the late William C. Vissing, 12th Executive Chairman, Indianapolis Section; who previously had been faithful as Vice-Executive Chairman, Treasurer and Committee Chairman; who had been a Director of the American Society for Quality and had been elected a Fellow in the Society; who had displayed an extraordinary talent in the application of the principles of Quality; and who had made many contributions in the building and development of the Indianapolis Section. His duty at Eli Lilly & Company was Department Head pharmaceutical Inspection Control. His untimely death came on April 5, 1959 as a result of natural causes.
Vissing Citation Winners
- 2013 Harry Rowe
- 2008-2009 Ron Moore
- 2004-2005 Joe Wesling
- 2003-2004 Ralph Redmon, Jack Riesmiller
- 2002-2003 Len Green, Amy Hughes, Anne Renton
- 2001-2002 William Haas
- 1999-2000 Joseph Lucas, Jim Grimes
- 1998-1999 Bill Solchik, Neville Edenborough
- 1997-1998 Jim Grimes, Tom Holthe
- 1996-1997 Ron Moore
- 1995-1996 Neville Edenborough, Robert Redmond
- 1994-1995 Neville Edenborough, Art Thomas
- 1993-1994 R. Byers, Humphryes
- 1992-1993 R Parsons, Ralph Redmond
- 1991-1992 Tom Pearson, W Canfield
- 1990-1991 Wes Anderson